Big Push for Animation, Visual Effects, Gaming and Comics sector
Big Push for Animation, Visual Effects, Gaming and Comics sector, I&B ministry constitutes task force, industry welcomes the development – Ministry of I&B Constitutes Animation, Visual Effects, Gaming and Comics (AVGC) Promotion Task Force. Headed by Secretary I&B, Task Force to submit its first action plan within 90 days. Task Force has representation from Industry, Academia, and State Governments. Let’s check all details of the recent announcement. For future updates on Gaming and Esports follow InsideSport.IN
The Animation, Visual Effects, Gaming, and Comic (AVGC) sector in India has the potential to become the torchbearer of “Create in India” & “Brand India”. India has the potential to capture 5% (~$40 billion) of the global market share by the year 2025, with an annual growth of around 25-30% and creating over 1,60,000 new jobs annually.
Big Push for Animation, Visual Effects, Gaming and Comics sector, I&B ministry constitutes task force, the industry welcomes the development
In pursuance of the announcement made in the Union Budget 2022-23, an Animation, Visual Effects, Gaming and Comics (AVGC) Promotion Task Force has been constituted to promote the AVGC sector in the country under the aegis of the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
The AVGC Promotion Task Force shall be headed by the Secretary, Ministry of Information & Broadcasting, and will have Secretaries of
- Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship;
- Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education;
- Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology and
- Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade.
It will have widespread participation of Industry partners viz.
- S/Sh. Biren Ghosh, Country Head, Technicolor India;
- Ashish Kulkarni, Founder, Punaryug Artvision Pvt. Ltd.;
- Jesh Krishna Murthy, Founder and CEO Anibrain;
- Keitan Yadav, COO and VFX Producer, Redchillies VFX;
- Chaitanya Chinchlikar, Chief Technology Officer, Whistling Woods International;
- Kishore Kichili, Sr. Vice President and Country Head, Zynga India;
- Neeraj Roy, Managing Director, and CEO of Hungama Digital Media Entertainment.
Mr Lokesh Suji, Director, Esports Federation of India & Vice President of the Asian Esports Federation (AESF) welcomes this news:
“We are super excited to see the speed with which things are transforming in regards to the video games/AVGC sector in India; it was only on February 1st 2022 when our Hon’ble Finance Minister Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman Ji announced to form an AVGC Taskforce and within a short span of just two months, we have a Task Force in place with the relevant industry veterans on board in the core team. ESFI welcomes this first official step to unlock the true potential of India towards “Create in India, Brand in India & Atmanirbhar Bharat in the AVGC sector, which directly helps us unlock the potential for esports also. ESFI will continue to actively support such initiatives.”
The AVGC Promotion Task Force also includes State Governments of Karnataka, Maharashtra, and Telangana; heads of education bodies such as the All India Council of Technical Education, National Council of Educational Research and Training, and representatives of industry bodies-MESC, FICCI, and CII.
The Terms of Reference of the Task Force include the following:
- Framing of a national AVGC policy,
- Recommend national curriculum framework for Graduation, Post-Graduation, and Doctoral courses in AVGC related sectors,
- Facilitate skilling initiatives in collaboration with academic institutions, vocational training centers & Industry,
- Boost employment opportunities,
- Facilitate promotion and market development activities to extend the global reach of the Indian AVGC Industry,
- Enhance exports and recommend incentives to attract FDI in the AVGC sector.
The AVGC Promotion Task Force will submit its first action plan within 90 days. For future updates on Gaming and Esports follow InsideSport.IN