A new update for Call of Duty: Warzone is rolling out now, featuring changes to weapons, attachments, and more. Perhaps the most notable change is to the FFAR. In short, it’s getting a nerf because it’s proving to be too effective overall.
Aim-down-sight speed has been decreased, which should help address the issue, Raven Software said in the official patch notes. Explaining the changes, the studio said, “The FFAR’s wholesale efficacy has it edging out SMGs at ranges we’re not satisfied with.”
Ideally, the FFAR should be effective at mid-range but difficult to win close-encounter fights, the studio said. “We are bringing the FFAR a bit more in line with what you might expect from an AR–damage and range at the cost of handling,” Raven said.
Additionally, the Cold War Tactical Rifle Charlie sees a change as well, with its recoil strength increased. “Burst weapons ride a fine line between inefficient and oppressive. The intent of this change is to maintain the weapon’s identity of being a powerhouse while making it a bit more difficult to wield,” Raven said. “Right now we feel it is too easy to stay on target given how lethal it is.”
Outside of these changes, this new Warzone update fixes issues with the Camo Challenges for the R1 Shadowhunter, while it also makes a series of changes to various attachments. You can see the full patch notes below, as shared by Raven.
In other news, it appears Warzone’s Verdansk map might be nearing the end of the road. It’s believed that the ongoing spread of zombies across the map will culminate in the detonation of a nuclear warhead that will wipe out the zombies and re-launch the game with a new ’80s map themed around Black Ops Cold War.
Warzone April 6 Patch Notes:
- The Camo Challenges for the “R1 Shadowhunter” now appear correctly for the Geometric, Flora, and Science Camo Categories.
- Cold War Tactical Rifle Charlie
- Recoil strength has been increased.
- Burst weapons ride a fine line between inefficient and oppressive. The intent of this change is to maintain the weapon’s identity of being a powerhouse while making it a bit more difficult to wield. Right now we feel it is too easy to stay on target given how lethal it is. We will continue to monitor the performance of the Tactical Rifle Charlie and make additional changes if necessary.
- FFAR 1
- ADS speed has been decreased.
- The FFAR is a jack of all trades. It has the damage profile and range of an AR as well as the fire rate of an SMG. The FFAR’s wholesale efficacy has it edging out SMGs at ranges we’re not satisfied with. Ideally, the FFAR fulfills the role of a mid-range dominator while falling prey to weapons that excel in short-range engagements. We are bringing the FFAR a bit more in line with what you might expect from an AR—damage and range at the cost of handling.
- Rear Grip attachments that showed ADS speed pros should now properly increase ADS speed.
- Fixed a bug with the Groza where the 16.5” CMV Mil-Spec barrel would bypass damage falloff.
- Fixed a bug with the Ember Sighting Point where the XM4 and AK-47 had their ADS speed increased rather than decreased.
- Fixed a bug with the Salvo Fast Mag where the FFAR 1 and M16 were not having their ADS speed decreased.
- The Pelington 703 Wrapped Suppressor effects should now be properly represented in the stat bar.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.