Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2023 has just kicked off and major players across the industry are ready with new products. Manufacturers and brands from all over the consumer electronics segment have arrived to display some of their latest and greatest innovations. CES 2023 is taking place between January 3 and January 8, 2023, in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Intel has come in strong with the announcement of the new 13th Gen Intel Core mobile processor family with 32 new processors for laptops. The lineup includes the first 24-core processor for a laptop and the world’s fastest mobile processor, Intel Core i9-13980HX.
They have also introduced the H, P and U-series segments as part of the 13th Gen Intel Core mobile processors. The entire lineup will power anything from high-end gaming laptops to thinner laptops and IoT devices.
In addition, a new lineup of 13th Gen Intel Core desktop processors at the 65-watt and 35-watt levels for mainstream desktop have also been introduced. The company also shared updated Intel® Evo laptop specifications that target a longer, real-world battery life. In the end, the company also released Intel Processor N-series for entry-level education and mainstream laptops, desktops and edge native applications.
13th Gen Intel Core H-Series
Through the 13th Gen Intel Core H-Series processors, the users can expect an out of the world performance which will take the computing possibilities for gamers and creators to the next level. The H-series includes the first 24-core processor for a laptop, the Intel Core i9-13980HX. It features support for both DDR4 and DDR5 memory, along with PCle Gen 5 connectivity. Check out what the 13th Gen Intel Core H-Series processors offer below:
- Users will find the highest clock speed available for the laptop market with up to 5.6 gigahertz (GHz) turbo frequency . It will also deliver up to 11% faster single-thread performance3 and 49% faster multitask performance over the previous generation.
- It features up to 24 cores (8 Performance-cores, 16 Efficient-cores), 32 threads and enhanced Intel® Thread Director.
- Full memory support of up to 128 gigabyte (GB) total for DDR5 (up to 5,600 megahertz) and DDR4 (up to 3,200 MHz).
- Intel® KillerTM Wi-Fi 6E (Gig+) for up to 6x faster internet speeds with no legacy Wi-Fi channel interference.5
- The latest in Bluetooth connectivity with Intel® Bluetooth LE Audio and Bluetooth 5.2 supporting up to 2x faster speeds and multiple device connections with lower power consumption.
- Thunderbolt 4 support, delivering transfer speeds up to 40 gigabits per second (Gbps) and PC connectivity to multiple 4K monitors and accessories.
- Improved integrated graphics experience based on improved driver stack and key learnings from Intel’s work with discrete graphics.
- Overclocking capabilities on all HX and HK SKUs.
13th Gen Intel Core P-Series and U-Series
Intel has also announced the new 13th Gen Intel Core P-Series and U-Series processors that are perfect for people that are looking for the highest level of performance in a smaller form factor. Through the new P-series and U-series models will get upto 14 cores that consists of 6 Performance core and 8 Efficient cores along with an enhanced Intel Thread Director.
Moreover, it will come with the new Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics features including endurance gaming, XeSS Super Sampling and Intel® ArcTM Control. Even with the P-Series and U-Series, the users will get broad memory support for both DDR4 and DDR5 and LP variants.
Lastly, it will come with the Integrated Intel Wi-Fi 6E (Gig+) and new wireless features like Intel® Connectivity Performance Suite, Intel® Wi-Fi Proximity Sensing and Intel® Bluetooth LE Audio along with up to four ThunderboltTM 4 ports.
For the IoT device users, the new processors will provide new industrial features, extended temperature operations and higher performing CPUs, with more graphics capabilities and AI performance.
On top of that, More than 300 unique designs are expected this year from Acer, Asus, Dell, HP, Lenovo, MSI, Razer, Republic of Gamers, Samsung and others and the H-, P- and U-Series, will be the backbones for the new models.
13th Gen Intel Core Desktop Processor
Intel has now further increased their reign as the world’s best desktop processor manufacturer with the launch today. The 13th Gen desktop processor family will now feature new 35-watt and 65-watt SKUs which will help the mainstream users with incredible performance as well as better power efficiency. Here are the features for the new 13th Gen Intel Core Desktop processor:
- Users will find up to 5.6 GHz, 24 cores/32 threads with the introduction of Efficient-cores to Intel Core i5 mainstream processors. On top of that, a larger L2 cache combining to deliver up to 11% single-threaded and 34% multithreaded performance over 12th Gen Intel Core non-K processors.
- These performance enhancements that take place each generation ensure that the new 35-watt and 65-watt 13th Gen Intel Core non-K processors are delivering next level performance in both gaming and content creation for mainstream PC users.
- Full forward and backward compatibility with 600- and 700-series motherboards, as well as support for both DDR5 and DDR4 memory.
- Improved energy efficiency with Intel Dynamic Tuning Technology and better power scaling, delivering greater performance per watt (PPW) than ever before.
Intel Evo Laptop and Intel Processor N-Series
The Intel Evo comes with the new 13th Gen Intel Core processors to ensure 3 key experiences. Firstly, there would be no compromise on the performance and will deliver consistency while being unplugged. It will also come with a longer real-world battery, instant wake and fast charge.
The Intel Processor N-Series is for entry level computing which has been built for the education segment and other consumer segments that need a lower, value-based pricing and high performance at the same time.