Discord Voice Chat Now Works Without Phone on Xbox Consoles as the Company Rolls Out Nitro Basic Plan, Activities, and Games; All We Know
Discord is one of the most used to connect over voice, video, and text for gamers. Through this app, players can not only connect with other players, but also be a part of other communities too. Discord has made its way to Xbox and in an update, users will be able to use the application on their console without the need of a smartphone.
Discord on Xbox will now allow users to make voice calls and connect to server calls without connecting their smartphones. Through this feature, connecting with friends and other users will be much more hassle-free. For Xbox Alpha Insiders, they will have this feature available already, and they can use it by clicking the Discord button in the Guide under Parties & chats. Users will have to link their accounts to join a voice channel directly through their consoles. Users should note that direct calls still require the mobile app.
Discord on Xbox is getting way better. You won’t need to use your phone soon, so you can connect to calls in Discord servers directly from the Xbox dashboard 🙏 details here: https://t.co/VXaBj2zD1l pic.twitter.com/nerSy1zX80
— Tom Warren (@tomwarren) October 19, 2022
There are some more features that Discord will be introducing this week to make the application more helpful and useful, check them out below:
- An App Directory has been introduced that allows admins to browse a database of apps natively and add them to their servers.
- Activities are another new feature that incorporates playing games, watching videos and other fun group experiences through Voice Channels.
- Resources for developers including Premium App Subscriptions to enable them to earn money and our first-ever Ecosystem Fund for developers, start-ups, and partners to bring their creativity to Discord.
- A new entry-level tier of our subscription plan, Nitro Basic, priced at $2.99 USD (≈Rs. 250) per month.
Unleash more fun with our new Nitro Basic plan. Get access to some of the most loved features like custom emoji and bigger file uploads for a lower price.
— Discord (@discord) October 20, 2022
How to Watch YouTube on Discord with Friends?
- Users should first enter a server-based voice channel.
- Once there, they should look for the Activities icon on the bottom left that looks like a rocket.
- A menu should open, where users should look for an icon with YouTube logo and says ‘Watch Together’.