There are seven elements in Honkai: Star Rail namely Physical, Fire, Ice, Lightning, Wind, Quantum, and Imaginary. They all have their own unique properties and characters associated with them. They are as follows:
1. Physical: Weakness Breaks dealt with physical damage result in a bleeding effect. It deals physical damage over time to an opponent.
Characters: Clara, Natasha, Sushang
2. Fire: This element, as the name suggests deals fire damage. It applies burn effect, dealing fire damage over time.
Characters: Asta, Himeko, Hook
3. Ice: Ice attacks that trigger a Weakness Break temporarily freeze opponents and deal additional Ice damage.
Characters: Gepard, Herta, March 7th, Pela, Yanqing
4. Wind: This element deals Wind damage. It applies the Wind Shear effect, dealing Wind damage over time.
Characters: Blade, Bronya, Dan Heng, Sampo
5. Lightning: Weakness Breaks from Lightning attacks cause enemies to be shocked, dealing additional Lightning for a short period of time.
Characters: Arlan, Bailu, Jing Yuan, Kafka, Serval, Tingyun
6. Quantum: The element deals Quantum damage. It applies Entanglement, delaying the opponent’s turn and dealing Quantum damage over time. If the enemy is hit multiple times, the damage will increase.
Characters: Fu Xuan, Qingque, Seele, Silver Wolf
7. Imaginary: Imaginary attacks causing Weakness Break lead to Imprisonment. The Imprisonment effect delays an enemy’s action and reduces their Speed stats.
Characters: Luocha and Welt