Fortnite Weekly Challenge Guide: Damage an Opponent Within 10 Seconds of Mantling
Fortnite’s Weekly Challenges are here and most of them have been focusing on the new mechanics that have been introduced by the game. At the start of Chapter 3 Season 2, the Imagined Order released a device that dematerialised all building in the game. To tackle this issue and provide new traversal modes, Fortnite released new mechanics such as sliding, sprinting and mantling.
The latest challenge for Week 5 in Fornite consists of one of these newly introduced mechanics in the game. The player has to Damage an Opponent within 10 seconds of mantling. The challenge isn’t that difficult as the player can deal damage to either an NPC or an enemy player.
All the player needs to do is place himself in a position near a wall or another structure where he can mantle, near to an IO Post, where a lot of NPCs can be found patrolling. As soon as the player has mantled, they should look towards the NPC and shoot a round at them and the challenge will be completed. To mantle on a ledge the player should jump towards it and then keep holding the jump button to successfully mantle.
Fortnite has other weekly challenges for Week 5 that players can complete to amass some XP in the game. This XP can then be used to progress in the tiers of the battle pass and gather some goodies along the way. Check out all the challenges for Week 5 in Fortnite below:
- Headshot IO forces with a sniper at Command Cavern or a battle location (3)
- Hit an opponent twice using the Ranger Shotgun, without receiving damage (1)
- Lock onto an opponent’s vehicle and damage it with the Anvil Rocket Launcher (2)
- Heal The Seven forces with Med Mist at a battle location (1)
- Damage an opponent within 10 seconds of mantling (1)
- Fall 10 stories or more without taking damage (1)
- Damage opponent vehicles with the Heavy Sniper (600)
- Destroy structures with a Light Machine Gun (10)
- Gain shield from Small Shield Potions in one match (75)