Minecraft Account Migration Guide: How does it Work, Mistakes to Avoid, and Other Details
Minecraft has asked the players to migrate their login accounts from Mojang to Microsoft. This move has been executed by the company to increase the level of security and safety they can provide for the player. Additionally, Minecraft will also be providing the players with a limited-edition cape for migrating their accounts.
How to migrate from Mojang Login to Microsoft Login in Minecraft?
When launching Minecraft, the players must’ve seen various pop-ups by the application itself, requesting them to migrate their accounts as soon as possible. The migration process can be performed by just clicking on one of these pop-ups. Players will see a ‘Get Started’ link that they can click from these pop-ups to start their migration process. Here’s how to complete the Minecraft account migration process for the Java Edition.
- After clicking on the ‘Get Started’ Link, the players will be directed towards their browser and a link will open asking players to login into their Mojang Account.
- After doing that, the player will be asked to complete 4 tasks to successfully migrate their account.
- The first task will be to confirm the email address, for that the players will receive a confirmation code on their registered email ID. They would need to copy and paste this code in the required field to move ahead.
- The second task the player needs to perform is setting up their Microsoft account, which can be done on the page itself through the sign-up process.
- The third task would be to set up an Xbox profile for themselves, which can be done through the Microsoft account and then players will be provided with a unique gamer tag.
- After that, they just need to link both accounts as the last task and then the migration will be complete. They will be notified by Minecraft mentioning that their move has been completed once the process is over.
How to obtain the limited-edition Migrator Cape in Minecraft?
The process for acquiring the Limited-Edition Migrator Cape is fairly simple and can be done through the same website. On the website, the players will see certain options and setting towards the left when their migration is complete. These settings can be used to edit their profile, change skins, redeem codes and more. The players will have to choose the skins option and scroll all the way down to find the change your cape option. If the player has completed the migration successfully, then they will see the Migrator Cape available for selection there.
Mistakes to avoid and other doubts answered
- Firstly, the players will no longer be able to log in through their Mojang Account after the migration is complete and they should always choose Microsoft Login to access their account.
- The Microsoft signup process can be a little taxing for the players as they could have an existing account. This in turn would prompt the player that a Mojang account has already been migrated to this account. In such a situation players can use a different account or create a new account.
- The migration process cannot be reversed therefore the players should be sure about their decision before opting for it.
- No saved data or world data will be lost due to migration, only the login details change, rest of the data stays intact.
- Players cannot migrate multiple accounts at one time, they will need to migrate them one by one if they wish to do so.