Netflix has announced that it has just launched a Discord bot called “Hey, Netflix.” The bot can be used to find a film or series that you can watch together with your Discord server members. The bot also creates a thread where you can have conversations about what you are watching without worrying about spoiling others. The bot only recommends titles that are available in everyone’s home country, and it is not a tool to stream shows and films together.
The “Hey, Netflix” Discord bot can be found in the App Directory on Discord. This is only available for server owners and moderators with the Manage Server permission. Discord has already been releasing the feature to selected servers since October 18, and they are slowly rolling it out to everyone over the coming weeks.
— Netflix Geeked (@NetflixGeeked) October 27, 2022
How to use Hey Netflix bot to Discord
If you do have access to App Directory, then you can search for “Hey, Netflix” there and add it to your server. The bot can be summoned via the simple /heynetflix command. Here are the steps from the App Directory which explain how to use the bot:
- Step 1: Summon the bot with the slash command /heynetflix
- Step 2: Vote on whether you want to watch a film or series.
- Step 3: Everyone inputs what country they’re in so we can find a title available for everyone.
- Step 4: Select from the 4 recommended titles or “refine” for 4 more.
- Step 5: Watch and discuss together in a new private chat channel so you don’t spoil it for others!
The bot can be useful for server members who stay in different countries to find films and shows that are available in everyone’s region.