Overwatch 2 Oct 25 update adds new Halloween event, enables Bastion & Torbjorn: Patch notes – Flizzyy
❘ Published: 2022-10-25T18:19:22
❘ Updated: 2022-10-25T18:23:51
Overwatch 2’s Halloween Terror event is now live on PC, PlayStation, Xbox and Nintendo Switch consoles bringing in a brand new PvE event plus it’s readded Torbjorn and Bastion.
Halloween Terror is always a fan-favorite Overwatch event and the 2022 addition is finally adding a sequel to the original Junkenstein’s Revenge in the form of Wrath of the Bride.
Junkenstein’s Revenge: Wrath of the Bride alongside the first game’s Halloween PvE mode will be playable until November 9, so be sure to check it out.
Sadly, the new event doesn’t feature any hero balance changes, so players will need to wait for the leaked Sombra, Zarya and D.Va nerfs to actually be implemented.
That said, at least Torbjorn has returned to ranked play alongside Bastion after some game-breaking bugs. The Junkertown map is also back in rotation after fans found an exploit on it that could make games unplayable.
The full patch notes were posted by Blizzard on October 25, 2022, seen below.
Overwatch 2 October 25 update: Full patch notes
HALLOWEEN TERROR 2022
It’s time to celebrate another year of fear: Halloween Terror is returning to Overwatch! Get ready for a shock, because this event introduces the next chapter in the saga of the devious Dr. Junkenstein through our completely revamped, limited time co-op mission, Junkenstein’s Revenge: Wrath of the Bride.
Dr. Junkenstein himself will also be making a grand reappearance in the original Junkenstein’s Revenge co-op Brawl, returning for a limited time to Halloween Terror 2022. From now until November 9, join your fellow heroes to confront a host of haunting horrors as you seek to safeguard Eichenwalde— or fall to the Bride’s retribution.
We want to thank our players for joining us at the start of Overwatch 2 and apologize for any issues you may have experienced around our launch, like the ones mentioned on our Known Issues Forum Post. All players who login now through the end of Season One will receive the Cursed Captain Reaper Legendary Skin and Health Pack Weapon Charm as a gift from our team. Keep an eye out for more information on our Double Match XP weekends!
- Fixed an issue where players retained 30% ultimate charge between rounds on Control maps
- Fixed an issue with Control Point maps not always correctly transitioning to overtime
- Fixed the ‘vs.’ screen not appearing in Competitive
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to invite others to Custom Game via clicking an empty spectator slot
- Fixed an issue with text chat being unavailable to gamepad users on PC
- Using Pause Match in Custom Game will no longer disable other menu buttons
- Fixed an issue with Kill Cams not playing correctly during Overtime
- Players should no longer be able to get stuck under TS-1 in the Push game mode
- Fixed an issue with controllers not being able to scroll on some UI
- Modified the umbrellas and tables in the forward spawn’s café so it’s easier to move around
- Fixed an issue where players could get stuck in the umbrellas in the forward spawn’s café
- Fixed some areas in which players could get stuck
- Resolved a performance issue with some cannisters placed on the map
- Fixed an issue with the ‘Little Red’ skin and ‘Line Dance’ emote performing a broken animation
- Bastion has been added back to the line up
- Resolved an issue with Bastion’s Configuration: Artillery where you could fire more than the three allotted charges
- Bastion’s weapon should no longer disappear when using Configuration: Artillery
- Jagged Blade should no longer be deflected or returned by friendly abilities
- The ‘Tanpopo’ skin can now be purchased and equipped
- Kiriko’s Heroic pose is now unlocked
- Fixed an issue with Swift Step not clearing negative side effects consistently
- Fixed an issue with Kitsune Rush not correctly reducing the cooldown of Baptiste’s Immortality Field
- Fixed a bug where Mei’s visual effects stopped playing during the match
- Resolved an issue with Mercy’s primary fire animation looping after switching weapons
- Modified the placement of Reinhardt’s Charms
- Fixed an issue where Roadhog’s Chain Hook failed to land the target when it should have hit
- Fixed an issue with Roadhog’s quick melee animation not playing correctly
- Symmetra should no longer be able to use her ultimate and place her teleporter at the same time
- Torbjörn has been added back to Competitive Play
- Overload can no longer be used multiple times in succession