Rocket League Has A Battle Royale Mode in Development
Rocket League is a one of a kind game that has made its place clear in the esports industry as well as the casual gaming sector. The game has perfectly integrated rocket powered supercars in games such as football, ice hockey and basketball. Every player loves to jump in these adrenaline filled games and shoot the ball at rocket speeds into the opposition’s net.
The game is being distributed by Epic and they are known for a popular Battle Royale game, Fortnite. Guess what, they have decided that this mode should be available for Rocket League too. Rocket League just posted a video on Youtube, introducing a game mode for the players to try out, called Knockout Bash.
This new game mode will work as what could be called a Battle Royale mode for Vehicular Combat. Knockout Bash is a limited time event in the game, as the developers will be testing it out and working according to the feedback it receives from the players. The balls and pucks will be removed in this game mode and the players will be trying to defeat other players rather than putting the ball in their nets.
In the trailer posted by Rocket League, it shows the game has introduced new arenas, these arenas do not have boundaries like the other ones, so that players can be knocked out of there. Other than that there is a new spiked pillar and a lazer grid that will help in knocking out the other players. This game mode will be available from April 27 to May 10, 2022.
The battles will be free for all and will take place between 8 players, during this battle each player will have 3 lives, once they have been knocked out 3 times, they wont return to the game. There can be only one winner to this vehicular mayhem, check out the new core gameplay and secondary mechanics that have been introduced for this LTM below:
- Attack – Dodging into opponents will do a lot more than just bump them, in Knockout a well-placed Attack will send your opponents flying. Remember, the faster you’re going the harder you’ll hit.
- Block – Blocking will reflect Attacks back at your opponent. Be careful though, this will only work with proper timing otherwise your block will fail, leaving you wide open to an Attack.
- Grab – Hold the Grab button and dodge into an opponent to Grab them. Dodge again to throw them across the Arena.
- Stun – Players will be Stunned after being hit by an Attack, while being Grabbed, after being Thrown by a Grab, or after having an Attack Blocked. In this state, players are helpless and cannot control their cars. While Stunned, you can free yourself by mashing the Break Stun button.
- Enemy Lock-On – Instead of locking on to a ball, the camera is now able to lock on to opposing players. While locked on, the player can cycle through targets.
- Triple Jump – Double jump is SO retro. In Knockout, players can jump in the air twice before resetting their jumps by placing their wheels on the ground.
- Multi Dodge – Dodging power has been increased, and now Players can dodge up to four times in the air. No need to flip reset either, as there is no time limit to how long your dodge can be saved mid-air.
- Jump – In Knockout, jumping has much more vertical force than other Rocket League modes.
- Boost – Boost is a bit stronger in Knockout, which allows players to get back to the platform when they have been slammed into the distance by other players. Boost will recharge whenever you’re not boosting while your wheels are touching the ground.