VALORANT Patch Notes 4.04: Yoru back, Controllers reshaped
VALORANT Patch Notes 4.04: Yoru is back, Controllers are reshaped, and Icebox gets a few walls knocked down – This is the start of VALORANT Episode 4 Act II, the one focused on cleaning house. It starts with the promised Yoru overhaul, a reshaping of the Controller role, and a renovation to Icebox (don’t skip that Ascent update though). The pure changes are listed below. For VALORANT Live Updates follow InsideSport.IN
Act 2 is where we get the jump on some Spring cleaning. Yoru is back, Controllers are reshaped, and Icebox gets a few walls knocked down.
— VALORANT (@PlayVALORANT) March 1, 2022
- Improved the system used to place abilities at targeted ground locations. This update should make it easier to find valid placement locations in tight spaces. These are the abilities affected:
- Omen’s Shrouded Step
- Viper’s pit
- Chamber’s Trademark and Rendez-vous
- Every Killjoy ability
- Yoru’s Gatecrash
- Sage’s Barrier Orb
VALORANT Patch Notes 4.04: Yoru is back, Controllers are reshaped, and Icebox gets a few walls knocked down
- B orb can now be taken from the lower box (previously, you had to double jump up to the box to get it)
This set of Icebox updates are focused around B Site and adjusting some of the problem spaces throughout the map. Stay tuned for an upcoming article where map designer Joey Simas dives deeper into these changes and what we hope to see from Icebox in the near future.
Changes to B “Green” lane are focused on improving attacker options and making the space more comfortable to play in.
- Doorway from Attacker spawn building near Green lane moved to the first cubby. This is to give attackers a new way to approach B Green instead of having to enter from two similar positions.
Green lane slightly widened. This is to make moving through this space more comfortable.
- Pocket in Green lane near Yellow extended. This is to make angles toward B Site and Snowman more clear and readable.
Introducing initial testing of a new “deterministic map system” in LATAM. The goal of this system is to increase the variety of maps that players will encounter. If there are no issues, we plan to activate this system (explained below) for all regions within the next few days/week. Although this is the LATAM region only, we are including it here as a heads up if we decide to expand. For VALORANT Live Updates follow InsideSport.IN
– Advertisement –