Warzone 2 Anti-Cheat: RICOCHET returns with tighter security in Warzone 2 and Modern Warfare 2 – Since RICOCHET Anti-Cheat launched in 2021, we’ve seen both significant drops in cheaters invading the COD games as well as some unfortunate increases – an expected ebb and flow that is a frustrating reality in-game security. Earlier today, Team RICOCHET shared information on upcoming anti-cheat system updates in the latest blog post. Let’s check out the full information on this below:
RICOCHET Anti-Cheat will be active with the release of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II and Call of Duty Warzone 2.0. RICOCHET Anti-Cheat continues to get smarter and better as time progresses.
Also Read: Warzone Mobile: 12 minutes of gameplay from Alpha test ‘Project Aurora’ Leaked, here’s the exclusive video
Warzone 2 Anti-Cheat: RICOCHET returns with tighter security in Warzone 2 and Modern Warfare 2
Anti-Cheat solutions work like anti-virus software. RICOCHET team works to protect against players’ bad behavior and punish bad actors. While the team has been able to establish systems that can quickly detect and respond to bad behaviors.
What are Mitigations and how it works-
Mitigations were birthed from the wizards on the Server-Side Security teams, which is part of the Team RICOCHET. Let’s check out the detailed information on some of these mitigations:
- Problem: Cheaters are using in-game weapons to eliminate legitimate players quickly and effortlessly
- Response: Enhance player protections, but still register some damage to proc the visual cues so affected players can identify where those shots are coming from and then take care of business themselves
- Problem: Cheaters can see all players in the world, including through geometry, providing them unfair information to win battles
- Response: Protect players by hiding them from a cheater’s POV, making it impossible for cheaters to track them regardless of proximity
- Problem: Cheaters have any level of lethality
- Response: Put cheaters in time out
Since launching our mitigations earlier this year, Team RICOCHET kept a close eye on player reporting. TeamRICOCHET issues ban daily for several reasons, and often in large waves. Since their previous update, TeamRICOHET has issued another 180,000+ bans across Warzone and Vanguard, combined.
TeamRICOCHET is working endlessly to be faster and better to get hackers and cheaters out of the game (by force or by annoyance) and let gamers focus on fun. Selfishly, they can’t wait to see how Damage Shield, Cloaking, Disarm and their other tricks look in a modern setting.
Read More- Warzone Caldera Season 4: New version of Caldera officially revealed for new Warzone Season