You can now grab Samsung’s Galaxy Note 20 series November patch
Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 update hub. Here you’ll find the latest information on updates to the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 and Galaxy Note 20 Ultra. We’ll detail the current software versions for each device and alert you if there’s a new update rolling out. Samsung usually pushes out updates to the entire series, but this may vary per variant and carrier.
- Current stable version: Android 11
- When will the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 and Note 20 Ultra get Android 12? December 2021 (Estimated)
Latest Samsung Galaxy Note 20 and Galaxy Note 20 Ultra updates
November 3, 2021: Samsung is rolling out the November 2021 update to the Galaxy Note 20 series, starting in the UK. According to SamMobile, the update bears firmware version N98xxXXS3DUJ6 and includes Google and Samsung’s list of security fixes. Notably, three are marked critical by Google and one by Samsung, so it’s best to install this patch as soon as possible. As far as new features go, there’s no indication that this patch brings additional smarts to Samsung’s most recent Note devices.
To check if the update is available for your device, head to Settings > Software update and tap on Download and install.
Previous Samsung Galaxy Note 20, Note 20 Ultra updates
- September 30, 2021: The October 2021 security patch rolled out early in South Korea, packing firmware version N98xNKSU1DUI2.
- September 6, 2021: The Samsung Galaxy Note 20 series gained the September security patch in some markets. According to SamMobile, the new update landed with firmware version N98xxXXS3DUH5.
- August 30, 2021: The Galaxy Note 20 series received the One UI 3.1.1 update. It carried firmware version N98xBXXU3DUH2 and had a download size of 738MB. Some new features of the update included a quick setting toggle for Bedtime Mode, faster app opening speeds, faster camera, faster pop-up menus, improved heat management, and more.
- August 9, 2021: The Samsung Galaxy Note 20 series got the August security patch globally. According to SamMobile, the update came with firmware version N98xFXXS3DUG9 and fixed 40 privacy and security vulnerabilities. It also included general bug fixes and device stability improvements.
- July 6, 2021: The Samsung Galaxy Note 20 series gained the July 2021 Android security update. While the update apparently weighed 1GB, there weren’t many noticeable changes. Firmware version N98xxXXU2DUF8 also seemingly packed improved QR scanner functionality.
- June 8, 2021: The Galaxy Note 20 series gained the June 2021 Android security patch (h/t SamMobile).
- May 18, 2021: Verizon published an update to the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra. It contained the May 2021 Android security patch and new camera features, including Dual Recording.
- April 15, 2021: T-Mobile rolled out an update to the Galaxy Note 20 line that included turning on its eSIM capabilities. This makes it the first Samsung phone in the US with that feature. Earlier this month, Samsung also started pushing out the April 2021 security patch to the phones.